Getting started is easy. Simply log in to the online application, enter your email address, create a password, provide some basic personal information – and you’re well on your way to making your application.
The first part of the application form asks you for basic personal information, and there are questions about your educational history. We don’t assess or award marks for your educational history, but the information helps us to allocate successful candidates to roles where they can use their knowledge and experience best.
There are two questions where we ask you to write a 250 word response. One looks at how you’d respond to a scenario you might encounter at work, the other asks about your experiences working with others.
We will assess your answers to the application questions against the following behaviours of the Civil Service Success Profiles:
- Seeing the Big Picture – Understanding how your role fits with and supports the work of HM Treasury.
- Working Together – form effective partnerships and relationships with people both internally and externally, from a range of diverse backgrounds.
More information on these can be found in the Civil Service Success Profile Behaviours, Level 3. The ‘positive indicators’ for these competency will tell you a lot about what we’re looking for.
The ability to write in a clear and concise way is important in the job, so we’ll be looking for this when we assess your application.
When you’ve written your answers, check:
- Have you answered the question?
- Is everything that you’ve included relevant?
- Is your answer clear and easy to follow?