Diversity, inclusion & belonging
At HM Treasury we have an incredibly broad remit; our work touches every citizen of the country and our aim is to reflect the full diversity of the United Kingdon. Diversity and Inclusion has a key part to play, it’s about how we do business as well as the people we employ. When we advise Ministers, we need to be clear about impacts on the economy, nationally and locally and on different people. So it’s important that our employees come from the widest possible range of backgrounds and locations, bringing us the widest possible range of perspectives and ways of thinking.
Our aims link to the Civil Service aspiration to be the UK’s most inclusive employer, representative of modern Britain and the public that we serve.
In the Treasury we’ve divided our ambition across 3 areas;-
- We are stronger – delivering better outcomes by transforming the way HMT works, connecting our different experiences and perspectives.
- We can all thrive – embracing everyone’s talents and celebrating our successes, we feel valued and empowered to do our jobs, in different ways.
- We are all accountable – inclusion is owned by all of us, we all know what we need to do to create a great place to work.
We have a strong culture of networks. These play an important role in raising awareness in the organization and help us to us to build a more inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. These networks are open to everyone to join and some of the existing networks include:
- All Age Network
- Disability Action Group – including Dyslexia and Dyspraxia Network
- Ethnic Minority Network
- Faith and Belief Network
- Flexible working network
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Trans-community Network
- Mental Wellbeing Network
- Social Mobility Working Group
- Women in Treasury
We want to attract diverse talent, and we want to make ours as inclusive and welcoming a working environment as possible.
To make sure we treat people fairly, irrespective of their background, we ask all applicants to complete a short diversity questionnaire. This information is kept securely and will only be used for monitoring purposes. It will not be disclosed to those making selection decisions.